Sunday 10 February 2013

Secondary infertility & helping yourself (1) MLD

Secondary infertility is a real issue. The amount of women having trouble falling pregnant with their second is really staggering. Not so very long ago, I was one of those women, and I went on a mission to do everything I could to help aid my fertility. 

One of the things I tried was Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD for short). Here's what it is, how it works, what it feels like, symptoms of, and, what it could cost:

THE LYMPH SYSTEM is the body's waste disposal unit, responsible for filtering out toxins and bacteria.

MANUAL LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE is a massage on the lymphatic system rather than on the muscles. The massage speeds up the waste-removal process.

IT IS SUITABLE FOR treating allergies, acne, arthritis, sinus problems, water retention associated with pregnancy and PMT and stretch marks. It is also said to help with weight loss. It is widely used for a general detox.

WHAT IT FEELS LIKE is out of this world for it is so relaxing. Because it is so gentle, you let go completely, indeed, I found myself nodding off each time.

SYMPTOMS AFTER include thirstiness, tiredness, and in my case, peeing like a racehorse. (I'm sure I could have knitted a jumper in the time I took to have a wee after a treatment). No puns intended; MLD does take it out of you, and because of that, it is really nice to have a treatment in the evening before bed.

THE BENEFITS REGARDING CONCEPTION aren't necessarily obvious, and that's a real shame for actually, MLD can help greatly with this cause. The reason being the lymphatic system is not only responsible for getting rid of toxins, but also plays a vital role in the circulation of hormones. Thus, MLD can be used to prepare the body for conception.

THE COST varies but I paid £40 per hour session.

For more info go to Holistic Haslemere 
or visit the MLD website itself at http://mlduk.org.uk/

No comments: