Thursday 27 September 2012

A little more detail (1)

I loved travelling, and indeed it was those wilderness years that led me to write. 

Writing those first ever emails home, and even then prefering to lick a stamp and send a scrawl across the miles.

And then of course, there were the diaries I kept. Lots of them over the years. Whether I was abroad and nannying, or backpacking or city breaking... there was usually a written report about it all. 

It's really no surprise that I found my LIFE AS IT IS to be centred around writing and ended up doing a Media writing degree, followed by a job in journalism.

PS How's this for wanderlust nostlagia? Remember when you used to collect your precious poste restante letters from every planned city stop, and pore over them, hungry for news? Long gone... sort of sad huh?