Thursday 11 July 2013

Even more down to earth with a bump (12)

Continuing my record of Sofia Faith's pregnancy

WEEK THIRTY-FOUR
I saw the Midwife for my last Anti-D jab. My urine sample and my blood pressure are both normal and it would appear that this oh so easy pregnancy continues in an oh so easy manner. 

OMG I spoke to soon. It has become clear I'm overdoing it. I am suddenly tired and the bump is far heavier. Also, not so good, I've been having cramps. Loads of them. 

I've mentioned it to my midwife; she's told me to rest. As if?! But ahem, actually by midweek this week, I finally admited to myself and my baby, that I do need to slow down. 

My cramps turned to contractions, and forget Braxton hicks, full on labour kicked in, fast and furious. Diarrhoea was the first sign. Pain was the second. Goodness. Huffing and puffing, I went straight to bed. 

Fortunately laying horizontally eventually appeared to calm things down again. However, all night I was awake with lower back pain, and the following morning heavy period pain. Honestly, I thought our babe was on its way; and it's far too soon.

Truly time to take it easy me thinks. 

N.B. Listen to your body as well as your midwife.



No comments: