Tuesday 10 September 2013

Who could ever forget - some thoughts of 911


The Syrian crisis is on my mind tonight, probably down to Jon Snow's brilliant programme this evening... along with the fact that tomorrow is 911. Thank goodness missile strikes are now likely to be averted.  

And I'm reminded of how 911 hit me ten years ago exactly while on a return trip to Manhattan. To a city I know so well and love so much. A visit to New York, New York in 2003, that led me to put together a piece of prose. The theme of which is irony.

Having seen the television images of the Twin Towers falling, having visited Ground Zero, having sat on the Staten Island ferry and looked back towards a seemingly void skyline, the following article relates how the reality of 911 finally caught up with me.

No comments: