Saturday 8 February 2014

Colour me happy! A review.

So yesterday saw a trip to the library and some new books brought home. They've kept us occupied for a while, but what with this awful weather outdoors, today we've had to resort to all sorts of indoor activities. Including colouring.





What is it about colouring exactly that keeps my girls calm and content for such a long time? It is so therapeutic. 

My inner child is also excited, when it comes to being presented with paper and pens. Take for example, when in a restaurant with the kids, the waiter brings crayons as well as menus. And if the restaurant is one of those that is so kid-friendly, its tables are covered in white paper… all the better. 

I thank my lucky stars I came across these fabulous Jumbo colouring pads not too long ago on the brilliant Butterflies and Dragon's website




We brought the Princess & Fairy and the Pink Jumbo colouring pads (priced £6.95 and £7.49), and found the illustrations within to be simply magical. 
There are also 'boy' themed pads available.

DETAILS
Dimensions: L36 x H28 x D1cms
Age suitable for: 3-13 years
Manufacturer: Melissa & Doug

WHAT WE LOVE:
Being called 'Jumbo' they were never going to be small, or indeed standard. But I have to say, the sheer size of these pads and each of the fifty fun drawings within, is what makes these colouring books giants amongst all others. All three of us can work on one together.

I love that the premium paper pages tear out easily, (should they want pictures from the same pad at the same time). Oh and the quality of paper means the children can use the back of the page to draw on too.

Most of all, I love that the Jumbo colouring pads have kept my girls enchanted for almost an hour at a time.

WHAT TO WATCH OUT FOR:
I'm not sure why there's a variant in the price of these pads, but there is.

VERDICT: 
The therapeutic calming influence; the hand/eye coordination that's involved; the creativity; there are lots of positives to be had for children that spend their time colouring. I can tell you though that these particular pads, bring a large amount of gorgeous girlie design to the table.

Indeed, I'm feeling slightly smug that I got the GraceFaith colouring act together in such style, on this wet and blustery day.


Disclaimer: I was not sent anything to write this review. I just happen to think parents of small children need to know about these fabulous colouring pads. After all, anything that makes our kids' lives easier, makes our LIFE AS IT IS as parents' easier! 

No comments: