Tuesday 29 April 2014

Matilda Mae, SIDS, & the bravery of a mother raising awareness

Feature ideas for parenting mags often come to me in a flash, and indeed, it is not unusual for me to have loads stacked up each month. 

As the time to submit for Autumn issues has come closer however, I've just not been sure of what I wanted to write about...

For some reason this afternoon, it sprung to mind to write about Edspire and Matilda Mae. To raise awareness for The Lullaby Trust and SIDS

At first I thought twice about contacting Jennie. Would she want to share the story of her angel baby again? I mean, could she share the story again? 

This afternoon, I picked up my phone and contacted Jennie. I asked if she would mind if I got in touch regards telling Matilda Mae's story as a feature, in a bid to help raise awareness for The Lullaby Trust and cot death.

Not long ago she tweeted back. 'Please do' - came the reply.

Re-telling baby Tilda's story, and therefore raising awareness to help save others, is the only good thing to have come out of Matilda Mae's death. And on behalf of all those that you and baby Tilda are helping, and for certain, whom your bravery astounds, I want to say thank you Jennie. 


No comments: