Friday 13 June 2014

Tesco Mum of the Year Awards, the RNIB, & a gig for a good cause...

When I started working on Tesco magazine as a writer/editorial assistant in 2004, little did I know that I would become heavily involved in the Mum of the Year Awards. Little did I know, that a couple of years later I would become a mum myself - yet hardly one in the same calibre of the many amazing women this competition manages to find. Ah, I managed to find. What a responsibility that was. When I say heavily involved, part of my role was to read all the letters and emails (thousands of them) and select the possible winning mums to put forward. Of course there were a few tears and tantrums along the way. It was emotional! And wonderful! And a reminder that mums - yes that's you - are quite remarkable.




Anyway, fast forward eight years, and I'm still involved - to a degree. I write the audio version of the magazine and produce a CD for the RNIB. It is fun more than work, and I love the group of talent I get to collaborate with each month, and all that my day recording in the studio brings forth. It is exciting!

I am however, really excited about the latest fun my job has brought forth. A one man show by one of that talented group I was on about.

The flyer with all the details is below... and if you like me, fancy taking a sideways look at the changing world, then get yourself a ticket - hardly expensive for London - and proceeds go to Durham Miners Gala. Also, a little bird tells me, there's a bit on the Tesco Mum of the Year Awards too. Can't wait!

No comments: