Wednesday 3 September 2014

Oh my disappointed but frankly bemused 6YO

I wrote the 'Settling into motherhood' feature a few months ago, and since then, it does indeed have to be said that I've settled into motherhood even more.

Get me!

No doubt a good Summer break has helped.

And along with the Summer, having my children turn 6 and 3 has helped.

Although, it would appear I am still a shit mother...

Eating pizza on her birthday, Esme was asked by her good friend Taylor...

'So what did you get from your Mum and Dad?'

And she replied:

'A watch that doesn't work; it has to go back to the shop. And a bike that's too big for me; it has to go up in the loft.'


For the record, Esme and I then both burst out laughing.


2 comments:

Mummy Tries said...

Love that Esme was was able to laugh about it. You are *not* a shit mother lovely lady xx

Writing Life As It Is said...

Thanks for that - love that we giggled about it too!