Thursday 12 February 2015

Healing homeopathic medicine - Arnica (Nelsons Arnicare)

The healing properties of Arnica (Nelsons Arnicare)

The Arnica Montana plant is mainly found in Europe, and is a relative of the sunflower. It is the flower of the plant that is used to make the medicine which can be taken in tablet form or applied to the skin for pain and swelling associated with bruises, aches, sprains and arthritis. Interestingly, most of us assume it's only for bruising, but it can be used topically on insect bites, muscle and cartilage pain, chapped lips, and even acne. I took the tablets during labour, (at the advice of my midwife), but on this occasion I used it for...






I was having a fling... with a ceilidh band, when someone accidentally jumped on my foot. I braved one further dance, and although my foot managed to cope, sadly my lungs didn't. After someone else eventually managed to find me a Ventolin (are you beginning to see why I won't even attempt to run) a taxi arrived. It is fair to say that more than my foot was bruised. But it was my foot that gained the attention of Nelsons Homeopathic Remedies, who a few days later, sent me Arnicare Gel and Arnicare Bath & Massage Balm to try out.



Now, what with my Life As It Is, the first attempt at using the bath oil was a couple of days later. And what with my Life As It Is, the first attempt at the bath oil was cut short. No sooner had I lay back in the water, I was getting out again to find an ice pack for my screaming 3YO, who had at that moment received a poke in the eye from her currently oh so testing 6YO sister. Joy. That will teach me to have a bath in the daytime. Girls girls girls.

Eventually Daddy persuaded me to sink back into Nelsons bath - one eye irony - and before long I was blissfully soaking; realising what a great relaxant the product is. 


DETAILS:
Nelsons Arnicare
Available: From a supermarket or chemist near you
Priced: Bath & Massage oil £8.15 Cooling Gel £5.15

LIFE AS IT IS LOVES:
That there are no chemical nasties in these products at all.
That the bath oil has a lovely feel; and is both moisturising and warming.
That used after the bath, the coolant gel is refreshing and cooling, (obviously).
That the gel rubs in easily, and you don't need much at all.
That the products really do work, both reducing swelling and speeding up the process of bringing the bruise out.

KEEP IN MIND:
The bath & Massage balm is an oil, so it actually makes the bath quite slippery.
It smells sort of clinical.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should consult your GP before using any homeopathic remedies.

LIFE AS IT IS BLOG - THE VERDICT
What a winning formula. The combination of hot and cold is simple but effective. I literally watched the Arnicare products help to heal my bruised foot better. But bruised or not, this relaxing bath oil would help anyone at the end of a tiring day.

Life As It Is/Emma Oliver, received some Arnicare products, and was only to happy to write a review. For DISCLOSURE & DISCLAIMER, please view my page on LEGAL STUFF


No comments: