Thursday 11 June 2015

Summer style - How to do a fishtail plait

My girls have beautiful hair.

It's a shame that all too often, they take on the birds nest look!

Last night, I actually wondered if the inhabitants of the lane suspected murder, as I took to Fia's dread(ed) lock. 

Today, Fia has plaits.

So does Esme.

Plaiting hair is a great way of preventing tangles.

I've often wondered how tricky it might be to do a fishtail plait?

Turns out, it's not difficult at all. 

Want to have a go?

Here's how to create the perfect fishtail plait:


  1. First, draw hair into a low ponytail. 
  2. Next, divide it into two sections. 
  3. Take a small outer piece of one section, cross it over and add it to the inside of the other section. Then, take a small outer piece from the other section and cross it over, as before. 
  4. Pull the hair tightly as you plait. 
  5. Fasten it.
Eh voila!

Here's my first attempt; not too bad huh?


No comments: