Friday 10 July 2015

Onboard Maternity Swimwear from Splash About

Splash About got in touch with LIFE AS IT IS because they've recently launched OnBoard, a collection of maternity swimwear


And no, I've not something to share... you all know my baby days are done with (refrains from dancing a jig), however, I asked an expectant friend to help out. To see if a swimsuit that was billed as especially tailored to fit and flatter, shape and support perfectly throughout all stages of pregnancy, from first trimester to full term, could deliver. Ha, deliver!

I thought it would be nice for this friend to receive a swimsuit. All she had to do in return was go to the beach - oh and give me her thoughts on the product. Here's what she had to say...


I had literally just changed gyms and joined one with a bigger pool (as swimming has become my key exercise) when LIFE AS IT IS asked me to try out a maternity swimsuit. Then the summer also arrived, and living where we do, right beside the sea, I've truly been able to make the most of the Splash About Onboard Swimsuit - of which there are four great designs.
I chose the halter neck style in turquoise, said to provide essential support, with an internal bra and ruching at the sides to support a changing body shape at every stage of pregnancy. 
 
The material is lovely and soft (the product is manufactured from high quality Nylon Lycra) and the colour is absolutely stunning. 
The ruched area fitted really well around my bump and I’m confident that as the bump grows, the swimsuit will adapt without looking stretched or too tight. I even think it will fit me after the baby is born too which is brilliant! 
I went for the halterneck, which has a padded bikini area – however the padding is easily removed for those who don’t need it. 
I did find if quite lowcut, but on the upside it was refreshing to find maternity wear that didn’t make you feel frumpy!  
All in all, a really stylish swimsuit that was really comfortable to wear both in and out of the water.  I would happily recommend this reasonably priced brand to anyone looking for maternity swimwear.
DETAILS:
Onboard Maternity Swimwear by Splash About
The range is chlorine resistant and designed not to fade in the sun.
Available from www.splashabout.com
UK sizes 10-16
RRP of £34.99.

Emma Oliver received an Onboard Swimsuit in exchange for a review on the parenting/lifestyle blog LIFE AS IT IS.

For DISCLOSURE & DISCLAIMER, please view my page on LEGAL STUFF

P.S. Looking for great swimwear that isn't maternity? Click here...

No comments: