Friday 25 September 2015

Juicing - An in-house experiment (5) The pros and cons...

The pros and cons of juicing...



If you are thinking about buying a juicer, I'd say go for it. I've loved trialling this one, the Braun Identity Spin Juicer (J500) and would thoroughly recommend it. It is simple to use, and to clean. It looks good, it's not huge, and at £129.99 it's middle of the range as far as expense. Did you know you could spend upwards of £700 on a juicer? Anyway, some food for thought. Throughout trialling the juicer, I've realised a few things...

1) It's not just the expense of a juicer. Bare in mind that you will add a lot of extra fruit and vegetables onto your shopping bill.

2) Having researched the fructose content in natural fruit juice, although there are the positives to drinking natural fruit juice, I ought to add that the healthiest way of using your juicer, is to use vegetables over fruit.

3)  If you use mainly fruit in your juicer, don't expect it to help you lose weight. It won't. Initially, thanks to the fructose, I put on a few pounds, hence I've got into drinking mainly vegetables.

4) Mainly vegetables don't taste as great, so think about including one apple or one orange each time, with whatever mix of veg you use.

5) There are many positives to drinking juice. It is a great substitute for coffee in the morning. I am full of energy, and my complexion is the best it's been in a very long time. I can't see me wanting to ever give it up...



No comments: