Saturday 20 February 2016

Coeliac V Stomach ulcer - Tummy Troubles (1)

So they go in looking for coeliac disease, and they come out finding a stomach ulcer.

Good job that I gave up coffee. Not so good that I left it so long.

I'm convinced it's the sheer amount of coffee I consumed year after year that led to an ulcer.

Oh and stress of course. For motherhood and my Life As It Is has certainly been stressful at times. Goodness, you only have to read this or this to see how manic it has been. And what did I nearly always turn to on these occasions? A good glass bottle of wine. Mmm. Like a lot of us do. Alas, no more for me I'm afraid. Doctor's orders.

Tonight will be my last hurrah for a while. Out to a joint 40th to enjoy letting my hair down before I stop drinking booze for 6 weeks. The thought itself is enough to finish me off. I've never been up for a dry January - let alone a dry part Feb, March, and part April. Feck!




A parting thought... and a sobering one at that... endoscopes are not pleasant.

2 comments:

Mummy Tries said...

Oh lovely Emma, so sorry to hear this. Giving up booze will do you the world of good, you'll be so energized you'll probably turn tee total �� best of luck with it all. Hugs xxx

Writing Life As It Is said...

Thank you Renee, what a gorgeous comment to make xx